My love of easy, handmade gifts and hatred of generic, over-priced gifts led me to the following: Personalized Candy Box
I made this box I made for my brother for Christmas. Use any kind of small candy/food/whatever to customized the box for the recipient… for example, my friend Lindsay would love some Red Vines, Gold Fish Crackers, and Jr Mints. And when the candy is gone, you have a handy reusable storage container.
What you need:
- Plastic Organizer Box- You can find this in the craft section of a Wal-Mart/Target store for a few bucks
- 10-15 different types of small candy
- Gift Cards
- Small Gifts
- Small Notes/Sayings
- Wash out plastic organizer box with soap and warm water. Let dry completely. Remove label/price tag.
- Fill compartments with different kinds of candy. Alternate candies so the same type isn’t in adjoining compartments.
- Use larger compartments for big pieces of candy, small gifts, or a note.
My mom added Gift Cards to the top of the Box (before removing the label).
I recommend removing the label and leaving the top blank/adding your own message to avoid looking tacky :p
- Fill compartments with different office supplies (rubber bands, paperclips, push pins, staples) to congratulate someone on their new job!
- Place a message or fortune at the bottom of each compartment before filling it with candy.
- Create a holiday survival kit by adding headache medicine, Tums, ear plugs, and other survival items.
- Attach Gift Cards to favorite restaurants and stores to the lid.